I am a trained life coach.
Specializing in trauma survivors and leaders, I am here to help you succeed. If this sounds like a strange combination, you might be surprised to learn the skills required for both are amazingly similar. Both require self-awareness, an understanding of how to relate to those around you, and a commitment to finding life satisfaction based on your available tools.
I use an assessment called an ELI – Energy Leadership Index – developed by IPEC, and it is truly amazing. You complete the assessment, and then I take you through what it reveals about your patterns and problem-solving approaches, including a life satisfaction rating. Every time I do this, my client is fascinated to learn coping mechanisms they’ve used over a lifetime are often responsible for holding them back in ways they didn’t expect.
I am a communicator.
I’ve worked in Silicon Valley for years. I’m a marketing exec who loves strategic marketing and content. Tell me your business objectives and your business model, and I can develop a plan. I’m good at shortening the sales cycle, building a brand, and taking complex ideas and making them accessible.
I am a true crime survivor.
My father and stepmother were murdered in 1980 in Ventura, California. It took 20 years to find out a serial killer murdered them. It took 20 more to find and convict him. You may know him as the Golden State Killer. In my podcast, The Lawyer’s Daughter, I share my experience from inside the case (and courtroom. I am still recovering from the impact his arrest and trial had on my life.
I am a hooker (I crochet)!
It’s my yarn-based Xanax that has kept me calm and busy my whole life. I accelerated during the pandemic, and my creations are myriad. It’s fun, messy, tactile, and addictive. I can be coaxed into doing a piece on commission.
Blog Posts (Newest to Oldest)
- Video Tip: Prevent Emotional Contagion“Well, I wasn’t mad before you stormed in here.” It’s called emotional contagion, and researchers study it in several ways. … Read more
- The Wheel of Life – How to Live and Plan with IntentionThe Wheel of Life is a tool we use in coaching to help us help you make thoughtful decisions about … Read more
- Energy Leadership Index – Why It Can Be A Life-Changing AssessmentEver wonder why you get stuck sometimes? Do you struggle to find the darn silver lining when things aren’t going … Read more
- Video Tip: Mental Prep for Christmas Week“It’s just another day.” Christmas Week is coming, and for many, that means there’s a certain dread in the air. … Read more
- Video Tip: Managing Transitions with Ease“Hey honey, it’s time to go.” Transitions can be tough. When you approach someone who is wrapped up in an … Read more
- Video Tip: A Simple Way to Ask for What You Need“Here’s what I want you to do.” Ever need to talk to someone hoping they’ll say just the right thing … Read more
- Video Tip: Stop Fighting! Ask One Simple Question“What’s your idea?” This is a great way to avoid fights while gaining insight into the motivation of the people … Read more
- Team Building Featuring ImprovLaughter is the best medicine. It relaxes people while elevating their confidence. I have used humor with my teams for … Read more
- Sales Leadership WorkshopI’ve worked with sales nearly all of my career. I’ve done this workshop with great results and sales folks have … Read more
- Coaching Case Study: Finances After the DivorceDavid was married when he was 25. He and his wife waited a few years and then had two kids. … Read more
- Top Ten Reasons You Could Use a Life CoachI know, I know, sometimes even I giggle when I see the term “life coach”. It is kinda funny. And … Read more
- Here’s How Therapy Can Help (From a Non-Therapist)Ever wonder what the heck therapy should do for you? Here’s a summary of what it’s done for me. … More Here’s How Therapy Can Help (From a Non-Therapist)